AVP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-023917 Date posted: 08/12/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
You will be supporting our End Investor Portal and Mobile Application as we continue to build out industry-leading capabilities, with an emphasis on both driving adoption and engagement.
You must have strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly evolving work simultaneously, and demonstrate the ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. A successful candidate will demonstrate strategic and creative thinking skills, a strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication. You must have a results-oriented and outcome-based approach, as well as exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and executives across multiple business areas in the firm to:
- Prioritize product features and guide development solutions to achieve the key short-term and long-term goals indicated in the overall product strategy
- Function as an Agile ‘product owner’, representing the voice of the customer on a scrum development team
- Provide thought-leadership analysis to frame and plan enhancements to the end investor experience
- Support the implementation of new offerings through participation in and evaluation of prototypes and pilots
- Working closely with a cross-functional team to develop feature set priorities to execute and achieve the overall strategic product vision
- Create and prioritize user stories with a focus on providing the highest value to customers
- Communicate with agile development teams to ensure that the delivered capabilities are desirable, useful, and usable
- Leverage the organization to develop and execute detailed, tactical plans to enhance the end investor experience, especially with respect to digital adoption
- Synthesize internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative team
- Achieve alignment by communicating decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 2-5 years of professional analyst experience, BA/MBA degree preferred
- Product management/multi-tasking skills to deal with complex application development
- Background in client-facing experience, financial services, scrum product owner, and/or R&D a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues
- Entrepreneurial perspective, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.