AVP, Product Manager for Advisor InstituteApply Job ID: R-021800 Date posted: 08/01/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Would you like to be a key strategic player in developing strategies and programs focused on the exponential growth of a rapidly expanding organization? Is designing and building something from scratch something that excites you?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 20,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is seeking an AVP, Product Manager to stand up a new sourcing and recruiting arm to support our Advisor Institute (LPL AI) business’s need for a strong pipeline of fresh, high-quality talent.
Today, LPL AI helps people who aspire to become financial advisors achieve that goal. We offer training programs designed to jumpstart the career of newer-to-the-industry associate advisors so they can help the practices they join thrive. Our platform boasts multiple high-quality programs designed to help participants learn the fundamentals of the business, navigate the logistics of licensing, and provide coaching and mentorship along the way to ensure their success. We also offer training opportunities to more established advisors committed to life-long learning and upskilling to stay at the top of their game.
As an AVP, Product Manager, this candidate will spearhead conceptualizing and launching a new multi-pronged approach to identify, attract, recruit, assess and place high potential, newer-to-the-industry financial advisor candidates. The ideal candidate for this role is is organized, highly skilled in building scalable programs that address business needs, is an effective communicator and relationship builder, and has a strategic growth mindset.
- Determine client needs and desires through interviews, market research, competitive research and insights from our internal teams
- Conceptualize and launch a scalable approach to achieve our strategic vision of finding, attracting and sourcing early career (associate) advisors, then successfully pair these candidates with existing practices
- Define (and continually refine) attributes of offering including value, pricing, unit economics, operating model
- Craft a narrative that resonates with—and engages—potential clients and candidates alike; Market our value and drive high levels of awareness and consideration; Activate messaging in various channels and create a suite of supporting materials
- Take an innovative, agile approach to filling and managing a diverse recruiting pipeline and implement a high-quality candidate and client experience
- Design, build and implement new sourcing/recruiting programs that are creative, relevant and address the needs of our clients, as well as business objectives
- End-to-end oversight of all elements of this new offering; Assess effectiveness of programs with an eye to identifying gaps and determining—then prioritizing and addressing—areas of improvement; Uncover and implement opportunities that add value
- Develop and execute candidate and client feedback strategies to identify learnings and gain valuable insights that can be used to enhance the outcomes of the respective programs
- Define, track and measure overall impact relative to key business goals
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
In the first 90 days a successful candidate will learn about LPL, our broader business, structure and Advisor Institute team; get up to speed on the current offering and begin to formulate a multi-faceted approach for attracting, sourcing, recruiting, assessing and placing potential newer-to-the-industry financial advisor candidates.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a top-notch, diverse approach. We are looking for organized candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are results-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute efficiently and at scale in a thoughtful way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5-7 years of product design and/or management experience in Financial Services or related field
- Ability topresent complex simply and clearly—highlighting the most relevant benefits to key stakeholders
- Proven success running successful, profitable programs and recognizing and addressing opportunities to improve how programs are run and increase the value and overall experience
- 3-5 years in as a strategic recruiter, Financial Advisor or similar role is preferred
- BS in Education, HR, Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, Communications, or related field a plus
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as platforms such as SalesForce
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.