AVP, Product ManagerApply Job ID: R-006604 Date posted: 05/29/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer and fourth largest broker/dealer with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker/dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
We are currently looking to hire an AVP - Technologyin LPL’s Technology organization. As Product Manager for Digital Experience Technology department, this role is responsible for identifying the opportunities and transforming the digital product experiences, analytics and campaign needs of LPL business clients.
As Product Manager, you will partner with business and product owners in defining big-picture vision and drive to make that product vision reality. The position is responsible for managing product backlog, requirement development, acceptance criteria definition and UAT support. This position will also involve team coordination around design, development and release activities.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company including Technology, Business and Product teams. This role closely working with development managers to define and execute product SDLC lifecycle. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Responsible for working closely with business and product teams in building product technology road maps, support development teams in project execution, market research and product innovation opportunities.
- Primary responsibility includes gathering requirements from business and product teams; Documenting ARD, BRD, user stories and acceptance criteria for digital projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in elaborating Product Definition: User Personas, Roadmap, Market Requirements Description, Business Requirements Definition (BRD), Epic Journeys (Business Requirements)
- Run story grooming sessions , participate in daily scrum calls and comfortable to slip into Scrum Master role as needed
- Collaborate with UX, solution architect developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Work collaboratively with prototyping teams to translate that new client experience into a working prototype that brings the idea to life and evolve in to new products and projects
- Developing user manual and providing content author training to business users
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the business, application development team, other technology teams and project managers
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders
- Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective. Actively work to resolve issues users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases
- The candidate should be comfortable functioning in an individual contributor role partnering with solution leads, QA and PMO teams across Fort Mill, San Diego and India locations
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business and marketing needs with technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Exposure to Content Management Systems (CMS) life cycle processes and any one of the CMS technologies (Adobe Experience Manager / SDL Tridion / Drupal / Any Other )
- Experienced in Agile Scrum Development methodology and participation in Hack-A-Thon’s is added advantage
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
- At least 10 +years of in building enterprise products and platforms for B2B and B2C
- Any Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong skills in MS Office suite including Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Any Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience content authoring process in any one Content Management System (CMS) tool (or) Marketing Automation (Campaigns) tool
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and other BA tools
- Experience with MS Access , Oracle or any Database tool
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.