AVP, Product ManagerApply Job ID: R-010752 Date posted: 09/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Would you like to work on a disruptive product at the intersection of the fast-growing finance and technology space?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL’s Business Solutions is seeking a product manager who will be responsible for our rapidly growing Digital Office Solution. LPL’s Digital Office Solution creates products and services to support our 16,000 small business financial advisors who are customers of LPL. We allow them to outsource the technology related aspects of running their small business to grow faster, more securely and operate more efficiently. Your scope includes enhancing and customizing external software technologies for these small businesses, building software for them and even hardware opportunities as needed.
What you will do
- Determines customers' needs and desires through customer interviews, market research, competitive research and insights from our sales team to support the technology needs of our small business customers.
- Continue to ensure success of existing products
- Take an innovative and agile approach to building new products partnering with vendors and LPL technology including defining wireframes, functional specifications and user stories
- Define and continually refine key attributes of existing and new offerings including the product pricing, business case, economics, operational model
- Manage a product development and delivery team
- Sourcing latest technologies and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending conference; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Define mid and longer term technology product development roadmap, key features/capabilities, and manage the development cycles with clear schedules, deliverables and milestones.
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements
What does your success look like in the first 90 days
- Assess our existing product portfolio
- Build relationships with your team and broader organization
- Ensure continued satisfaction of existing customers
- Set a vision for your product portfolio and lay the foundation to execute against
Skills, experiences, and education required
- MBA required
- Experience working with small businesses technology or in Financial Service valued
- Previous experience working with technical product teams to develop product strategies.
- 7+ years of professional technology or business experience within product management, business analysis or project management roles
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.