AVP, Product ManagerApply Job ID: R-020613 Date posted: 01/27/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP, Product Manager role will be a member of the Marketing Operations Product Management team focused on developing and guiding short and long-term prioritized product enhancements for marketing technology tools. This position will manage the logistics of the product development lifecycle, including writing formal business requirements, securing funding, supporting product/project management work, and engaging with cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Develop subject-matter expertise in features and functionality available on critical marketing solutions and ensure business partners understand how to leverage tool capabilities
- Build and maintain the product roadmap
- Write well-constructed agile features with defined business values and acceptance criteria
- Lead technical upgrades and launches by partnering with Marketing and Technology resources; train teams on usage of tools
- Prioritize and document business needs by utilizing a structured requirements gathering process (gathering, analyzing, documenting and managing changes)
- Maintain inventory of third-party solutions used by marketing
- Evaluate the competitiveness of current solutions compared to others in the marketplace
- Govern addition of new solutions and supervise adoption of existing solutions
- Own and develop relationships with business partners through continuous communication
- Communicate with business leaders from all verticals about the active Marketing Tech Stack, features and limitations, and in-process work efforts
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, technology, or product management related roles
- Experience with Jira or similar tool and Program Implement (PI) Planning
- Excellent agile product/project management skills (informal or formal)
- Experience with Program Implementation planning
- Extensive experience and knowledge in one or more marketing technology tools (Adobe, Salesforce, Eloqua, Pardot, etc. ideally
- Positive, flexible person with the ability to work in a changing environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to set and reach goals
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to create and deliver executive-level presentations
- Excellent team player with the ability to motivate others and manage work across cross-functional teams
- Strong research and analytic skills, with the ability to read and interpret a wide variety of data
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks that could impact project success
- Must be able to take initiative and “make things happen”
- Experience in capturing and reporting program and project results
- Experience with Innovation, Beta Testing, Client Experience or Design Thinking is a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.