AVP - Product Owner - Digital Solutions & AutomationApply Job ID: R-014043 Date posted: 07/09/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-San Diego
The AVP, Product Owner is responsible for understanding the needs of Digital Transformation and Product Management’s customers, the capabilities of the Scale product, and how the two intersect to deliver value that excites our advisors and makes it easier for our employees to do their work.
The product owner will capture customer requirements and priorities and present them to a software delivery team for commitment. In this capacity, the role serves as the "customer proxy" to ensure the product delivered meets our customers’ needs. This role may provide coaching or direction to others on the team but does not have direct management responsibilities. This role reports to the Scale Product Manager.
Working closely with Stakeholders, Customers, and the Business to cultivate and nurture a community around the product, the product owner ensures the team is building the right product solutions at the right time. They provide the “who, what, and why” so that the Scrum Team can answer “how”, and is expected to contribute to key on-the-spot decisions regarding scope and requirements.
The ideal candidate has a combination of business acumen, and software and product knowledge, and will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning as LPL continues to expand.
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Meet with Stakeholders to understand the strategic vision for the Product
- Collaborate with the product manager to define features, and drive collaboration and coordination across business and technology
- Conduct design sessions and facilitate frequent communication with with stakeholders, end users, business and Technology, and manage their expectations to eliminate interruption
- Lead process discovery with a focus to Eliminate, Simplify and Automate, and leverage Automation (RPA and Cognitive), Forms Digitization and Client Experience.
- Develop RPA client architecture and solution proposal focusing on scalability and extensibility
- Work with Program managers, Process owners, and Technology leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Provides continuous updates to RPA stakeholders and Product Manager throughout the development lifecycle
- Maintain the product backlog and work with business and technology teams to identify a minimum viable product, define requirements, create functional design, process design, prototyping, testing, training, and support procedures.
- Develop Detail As Is Process Description – PDD (Process Description Document), Detail To Be Automated Process Description – SDD (Solution Design Document)
- Contribute to the efforts of the Digital Transformation and Product Management team by executing strategies that help CLR evolve into an industry leading organization, delivering enviable digital functionality and customer experiences.
- Contribute to the governance and production of the department’s executive-level dashboard, which includes key performance metrics that provide transparency and a view into our progress towards achieving strategic objectives and financial management.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immerse yourself in, and learn as much as you can about the Compliance, Legal and Risk business, agile model, product model, the company, and our advisors
- Bring a fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Work with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, business line and product development
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience applying process re-engineering tools and techniques in the financial services industry (preferred)
- Experience with leadership, governance and change enablement
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management, consulting, program & project management, preferably within a financial services or related Fintech firm
- 5+ years participating, developing, cultivating, and leading strong, high-performing teams in an agile environment
- 3+ years as a Product Owner working with Agile/Scrum
- Outstanding organizational skills, especially with adapting to change and shifting priorities appropriately
- Ability to effectively address “cost, performance, and schedule” constraints
- Translate strategic vision into technical specifications
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.