AVP, Program Management – Strategic Wealth ServicesApply Job ID: R-012300 Date posted: 12/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SD-Remote
Do you have extensive experience working in the independent wealth management industry?
Are you excited about the opportunity to lead strategic initiatives within LPL’s Strategic Wealth Services model?
Are you an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for innovating and excellence?
If so, the Assistant Vice President, Strategic Wealth Services role could be for you!
The Assistant Vice President, Strategic Wealth Services (SWS) will join our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing Strategic Wealth Services team that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy with new business lines and advisor affiliation models. The AVP, Strategic Wealth Services will be responsible for execution of the business vision, including the evolution of features, functionality, pricing, products. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the proper operational implementation and quality assurance of the client experience and will take a leading program management role coordinating with the immediate SWS team and other internal stakeholders.
What will you do as the Assistant Vice President, Strategic Wealth Services?
- Lead strategic initiatives and execution of LPL’s Strategic Wealth Services model, including cross-functional awareness for development and program management deliverables. Act as a key liaison to support SWS within the larger New Models team.
- Develop and maintain an expert awareness of the Strategic Wealth Services business line and affiliation model, and serve as subject matter expert resource to operational, consulting, business solutions, customer care, transition, sales and support teams, as well as other LPL firm leaders with an emphasis on ensuring an optimal advisor experience.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions to attract and scale Strategic Wealth Services offering, while serving as the accountable party to milestones, timelines and outcomes.
- Learn quickly from customer, partner and prospect feedback, and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to nimbly iterate the program.
- Collaborate with advisor service, solutions, and consulting groups to identify opportunities for process, capability, and experience development and lead improvement efforts to increase optimal advisor experience and guide advisor retention.
- Evaluate, analyze, and build business line management business intelligence framework, metrics, and toolsets. This includes developing a formal cadence and structure for executive reporting on key business model updates, evolution, successes and known gaps that need attention, funding and development.
- Leverage market data to identify opportunities, influence capabilities development, and inform marketing campaigns.
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities.
- Oversee current Strategic Wealth Services advisor experience by managing the microsite, internal playbook, various setup forms, as well as maintain a firm relationship with the technology consultant to manage technology stack learnings.
- Engage with key third party vendors that are part of the SWS network to facilitate and cultivate strong partnerships that produce quality experiences.
- Manage an innovation & evolution database to ensure that ideas are captured, vetted, prioritized and assigned ownership to ensure that the Strategic Wealth Services offering continues to scale and raise the bar on the advisor experience.
What are we looking for?
We want a high energy, outside-of-the-box thinker with a strong understanding of the independent wealth management industry. The AVP, Strategic Wealth Services will have a unique ability to understand the various needs of independent advisors and the challenges they face in moving from an employee model to independence. We are looking for people with strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills who see the power in creating processes that will allow business lines to scale.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience working within the independent wealth management industry, with a familiarity across the entire spectrum of wealth management (including wirehouses, supported independence platform providers and an understanding of what pure independence requires of an advisor) required.
- Familiarity with the unique business considerations for independent advisors and how they may differ from other financial institutions, including an understanding of the value that various elements of support can provide to an independent business owner (consulting and transition services, outsourcing of key business/operations functions, compliance support etc).
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute meaningfully as an individual and inspire and influence key functional partners.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies that you designed.
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce.
- Travel is expected to be roughly 25%.
The preferred candidate will be local to either our San Diego or Fort Mill offices, however remote candidates will be considered if they meet the high-end of preferred qualifications.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.