AVP, Program ManagerApply Job ID: R-024011 Date posted: 07/13/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Looking for a challenging growth opportunity? Are you excited about helping clients and internal partners solve complex issues? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, then this could be the career opportunity for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Business Model Solutions team in LPL’s Business Development group owns the business models that financial advisors and financial institutions use as a vehicle to partner with LPL to support their wealth management businesses. The AVP, Program Manager role will be responsible for driving the resolution of complex issues arising from our largest institution clients by partnering with Relationship Management, Product, Technology, Compliance, Legal and Risk organizations. This role will refine the overall engagement model across partner organizations to achieve timely results.
What you will do:
We are looking for a wealth management subject matter expert who has experience in advisor / client facing roles and enjoys project managing large issues to resolution across a diverse set of stakeholders. This role will act as a key leader between Business Model Solutions and partner organizations. You are effective at project management and understanding client issues in the wealth management space in a B2B and B2C environment.
- Build and continually refine backlog of issues arising from our largest institution clients.
- Continually refine process for engaging across partner organizations to improve time to issue resolution
- Inform the creation of new content (checklists, training materials, processes, etc…) that aids our client facing relationship management teams to continue to scale by democratizing issue resolution outcomes so they can be leveraged in future similar cases.
- Manage unique and complex issues to resolution by managing across partner organizations.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years’ project or product management experience.
- 1 – 3 year(s) in a client facing role in wealth management industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field; MBA a plus.
- Skilled at navigating corporate organizations but also able to operate within a more nimble start-up environment
- Prior wealth management industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and project management skills, including a demonstrated track-record in managing time-sensitive, complex projects with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to think strategically and holistically, as well as be able to adapt on the fly for urgent issue resolution
- Skilled collaborator able to channel and coordinate efforts to drives business outcomes.
- Operates with minimal direction and leans into autonomous judgment and action.
- Familiarity with agile initiatives and work principles.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.