AVP – Program Sales & OperationsApply Job ID: R-007902 Date posted: 10/15/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) will play a critical role with our team, which leads the Managed Program business. The primary purpose of the AVP role is to help improve and drive our sales processes & results, contribute to the practice management efficiencies of the Financial Consultants in the field, as well as drive overall administrative/operational efficiencies for this large enterprise wealth management team. They will plan, deploy, and measure the success of our program’s key performance indicators, as well as develop ongoing growth and development opportunities for our team members. This role will provide the candidate with both a strategic and tactical view of the business unit and serve as critical support for both senior and regional management. Additional responsibilities will align with Supervisory and Regulatory coordination as well as ensuring operational integrity of the Program.
Sales Management Responsibilities
- Assisting in the creation and deployment of sales initiatives set at achieving specific sales outcomes
- Partnering with sales team, managers and executives to develop and implement new methods and procedures for increasing sales, promoting brand awareness, encouraging customer loyalty and expanding market territory
- Evaluating, refining/developing and monitoring sales processes
- Increasing the skills and competencies of our Sales Team through planning and execution of our ongoing training plan
- Increasing the effectiveness of our Financial Consultants through the creation of sales or educational materials used throughout the consultative sales process
- Serving as advisor to external sales team
Relationship Management Responsibilities
- Developing strong business relationships across the enterprise, including executive management, to enable a mutual understanding of project scope, risks and opportunities achieving close alignment with business needs
- Assisting in the development of sales objectives and KPIs from organizational goals - used to monitor the success of our consulting engagements through oversight of and enhancements to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and other management tools
- Assisting Leadership with the day to day programs, operations, tasks and recognition of employees
- Provide oversight and coordination, relative to Business Management and Advisor Requirements: Licensure matters for new and existing Advisors, management of continuing education requirements, branch registrations, complaint resolution management, expense/budget surveillance/controls, trade blotter review and maintenance of necessary books and records, file management and business continuity plans as well as supply management and inventory maintenance
- Managing of Operations to include onboarding and termination oversight, maintenance and dissemination of policies and procedures, branch exam coordination (pre & post) and Advisor territory alignments
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following:
- Navigating a complex data environment
- Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems
- Using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - advanced, PowerPoint - proficient, Word – proficient
Education & Registrations
- High general business acumen demonstrated through bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience, or MBA (or other relevant advanced degree) and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Retail financial advice industry experience preferred, with Series 7, 63/65/66 strongly preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.