AVP, Project ManagementApply Job ID: R-007578 Date posted: 09/05/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Description: The AVP Project Manager works independently and is accountable for working with Executive sponsors and senior leaders to define, socialize and attain buy-in of scope, benefits and expected outcomes in the early stages or project initiation. Ongoing planning, tracking and execution of projects of varying scale and complexity requires a high degree of skill in cross functional collaboration, communication and leadership. This individual should be comfortable with all aspects and mechanics of the project delivery life-cycle from pre-initiation through closure and possess a strong ability to consolidate inputs and business needs to inform and communicate target road maps, work breakdown, governance, milestones and timelines through the life of the project.
Responsibilities of the AVP Project Manager will include:
- Drive individual projects or work streams and work across a large and highly matrixed organization.
- Ensure that all projects are appropriately managed, monitored and quality standards are maintained.
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise, including executive management, to enable a mutual understanding of project risks and opportunities and achieving close alignment on business needs.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams while maintaining responsibility for delivering defined project outcomes.
- Ensures the development of procedures, workflows, communications, and training activities related to the implementation of change initiatives.
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders and business partners keeping them informed of all key milestones, accomplishments, programs, activities and overall successes.
- Meticulous management of issues, risks and key decision and ensures timely actions are taken to resolve.
- Maintain awareness for opportunities to improve - Develop basic understanding of processes and technology, enable cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities.
In addition to being highly organized, key qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus.
- 7+ years of project and large program management experience, preferably in the Financial Services or Broker/Dealer industries, Service organizations and platforms is highly desired.
- Skilled in all aspects of project management and associated techniques including:
- Defining, managing, and driving to completion related work plans
- Leveraging cross functional expertise to define applicable work scope
- Efficient and accurate completion of organizational impact assessments
- Resource planning
- Supporting cross functional governance models
- Consistency in project planning and documentation which identifies milestones, deliverables, timelines, and owners
- Tracking of project issues and related risk items, and developing required remediation plans
- Conduct project reviews and status meetings to drive desired outcomes
- Creating executive status reporting packages
- Coordinate across the organization to ensure successful project completion.
- PMP Certification and extensive background in Waterfall/Agile methodologies, Lean/Six Sigma certifications is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in software implementation, organizational redesign and process improvement in the areas of Service, Trading and Operations of the Financial Services space is highly desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters.
- Maintains a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence senior leaders and customers.
- Skilled in using PowerPoint to develop presentations for executive level communication/story telling.
- Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change.
- Brings a high level of personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, SmartSheet experience a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.