AVP, Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-006505 Date posted: 04/12/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President, Business Management role will report directly to the Vice President and be a member of the Institution Services Business Consulting business unit. The position will support complex client relationships and other Institution Services initiatives through planning, tracking and execution of projects of varying scale and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise to enable a strong mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
- Thrive in a team atmosphere and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Build and maintain relationships with clearing business partners at LPL, including the Relationship Manager, along with key stakeholders at the clearing client.
- Strong organization acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintain consolidated timeline view of projects related to clearing relationship
- Facilitation of regular clearing client-related portfolio review sessions with key internal stakeholders including item/issue tracking and action items
- Coordination and distribution of key required relationship reporting; ensuring the contents, owners and schedules are kept current
- Administration of estimation process (high-level range of efforts to detailed estimates) for client-funded efforts (either components of a firm initiative or complete project)
- Management of invoice process for client-funded projects/efforts between
- Provide research, analysis and support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Create presentations and project documentation for senior members of the organization
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Review existing business processes to identify areas of improvement
- Assist in developing, improving and revising processes for continual improvement
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Education: BA, BS or MBA preferred not required
- PMP Certification desired
- Required Years of Experience: 3-5
- Software/Systems Skills: Advanced Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required
- Visio, Access a plus
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution)
- Experience in Advisor facing technologies or processes a plus
The successful candidatemust possess:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its’ objectives
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Be a self- starter that is able to work independently
- Have a proven track record in successful presentations and task management
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Soft Skills Required:
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast paced growing environment
- History of business to business relationship management success
- High level of integrity and highest ethical standards with an innate ability to build trust
- Personal confidence with leadership capabilities
- Highly polished, professional presentation skills to the highest levels in the organization and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong work ethic while comfortable being a role model for others
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.