AVP - Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-006480 Date posted: 04/16/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Technology team supports various business units by providing critical business systems and integration services. We are looking for an AVP, Project Manager who will be part of the team.
- Manage the infrastructure and/or development team’s project and maintenance activities from initiation to production support
- Work collaboratively with Development teams, EA, QA, Release Management and Infrastructure teams to resolve technical requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with various business units in regards to project and maintenance efforts
- Create, manage and track project documentation such as: detailed project plans, budget, resource plans, status reports, risks/issues, etc.
- Provide regular written and verbal communication to various audiences throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Communicate issues & risks and help drive key decisions; help resolve project-related issues
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within scope & budget
- Support SDLC processes and manages project documentation.
- 5+ years of PM experience in a software development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certified
- Proficient with MS Project
- Self-motivated with ability to drive multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams, including internal & external resources and vendors.
- Experience working in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience working in financial services is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.