AVP, Project MgmtApply Job ID: R-018577 Date posted: 10/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Description: The Assistant Vice President, Business Management role will report directly to the Vice President and be a member of the Institution Services Business Consulting business unit. The position will support complex client relationships and other Institution Services initiatives through planning, tracking and execution of projects of varying scale and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise to enable a strong mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
- Thrive in a team atmosphere and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Build and maintain relationships with clearing business partners at LPL, including the Relationship Manager, along with key stakeholders at the clearing client.
- Strong organization acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintain consolidated timeline view of projects related to clearing relationship
- Facilitation of regular clearing client-related portfolio review sessions with key internal stakeholders including item/issue tracking and action items
- Run and manage LPL departmental meetings for Equitable Leadership outside of ISRM
- Manage the process and completion of the Executive Monthly Dashboard for various stakeholders
- Present to Equitable Executive leadership on various updates, initiatives, & projects
- Coordination and distribution of key required relationship reporting; ensuring the contents, owners and schedules are kept current
- Create and generate reporting for the clients that LPL currently does not offer and does not have capacity to provide that would typically fall within the trading team
- Complete transfer reports to provide additional resources and information from a strategic standpoint to our Equitable partners
- Be the primary point of contact and manager of the RDP platform
- Administration of estimation process (high-level range of efforts to detailed estimates) for client-funded efforts (either components of a firm initiative or complete project)
- Create and management of group mailbox and calendar for Equitable relationship
- Creation and management of Equitable relationship BOX where we keep all internal and external documents pertaining to the relationship
- Management of invoice process for client-funded projects/efforts between
- Be the POC and lead for prioritization for the CARS system for all Equitable work orders from the business side
- Provide research, analysis and support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Create presentations and project documentation for senior members of the organization
- Complete and compile presentations for the executives and leadership of Equitable
- Facilitate and manage Executive and Leadership meetings for various stakeholders
- Lead, plan, and facilitate End of Year celebration party and gifts
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Review existing business processes to identify areas of improvement
- Assist in developing, improving and revising processes for continual improvement
- Coordinate inclusion in pilots for all of IS and Equitable
- Improve the pilot participation process for IS with the Pilot team
- Assist the pilot team with creating their new process and a new pilot advisor group
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Education: BA, BS or MBA preferred not required
- PMP Certification desired
- Required Years of Experience: 3-5
- Software/Systems Skills: Advanced Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required
- Visio, Access a plus
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution)
- Experience in Advisor facing technologies or processes a plus
The successful candidate must possess:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its’ objectives
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Be a self- starter that is able to work independently
- Have a proven track record in successful presentations and task management
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Soft Skills Required:
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast paced growing environment
- History of business to business relationship management success
- High level of integrity and highest ethical standards with an innate ability to build trust
- Personal confidence with leadership capabilities
- Highly polished, professional presentation skills to the highest levels in the organization and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong work ethic while comfortable being a role model for others
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.