AVP, Public RelationsApply Job ID: R-007824 Date posted: 10/29/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President of Public Relations to drive positive PR in support of the firm’s strategic goals. The person in this role will: develop and execute strategic PR plans; write press releases and talking points; develop messaging; secure executive and advisor media interview opportunities; and manage media inquiries. The position requires a sound knowledge of PR, including a strong grasp of Social Media, and will work at both strategic and tactical levels. The AVP reports to the Vice President of Public Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively develop media strategies to promote LPL Financial’s differentiated wealth management platform.
- Develop press releases and pitches to promote product launches and to demonstrate LPL’s leadership in the development of value-add capabilities and resources.
- Partner with internal department leaders to develop and promote thought leadership on various topics and trends.
- Identify and pitch Research content and markets insights.
- Respond to media inquiries, including serving as a spokesperson or selecting and preparing suitable LPL subject matter experts to respond.
- Create and nurture key public relationships to increase awareness and enhance the firm’s reputation.
- Identify ways to increase engagement with owned and earned media.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal partners and executives.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus on Communications, English/Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred, advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 plus years of relevant Public Relations experience, either at an agency or corporation
- Seeking creative thinker, whether it be through developing positioning, pitches, story ideas or campaigns
- Must be a self-starter, able to initiate work streams, ask critical questions and seek information to move a project forward at pace
- Ability to define and measure success
- Sees the big picture, and is able to contribute to integrated, omnichannel communication plans through PR efforts
- Experience executing successful PR programs, inclusive of Social Media and digital optimization strategies
- Excellent project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of broker/dealer or financial services a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional client service manner
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a dedication to excellence, and a positive, flexible attitude in order to manage competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts for maximum results
- Deadline driven; operates well under pressure and is adaptable
- Willing to try new ways of doing things with a continuous focus on efficiency and quality
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work independently while demonstrating good judgment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.