AVP, Regional Transitions PartnerApply Job ID: R-008797 Date posted: 02/12/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The AVP, Regional Transitions Partner (RTP) will work closely with the Business Development sales team to build strong relationships with prospective LPL Financial advisors and then lead the advisor through their transition and assimilation to LPL Financial. The RTP will be responsible for designing and executing the new advisor’s transition and assimilation plan in order to maximize ramp and client satisfaction. This effort includes ensuring that new advisors know how to utilize our tools and technology that applicable to their business model.
In addition to managing the client experience, the AVP, RTP must be able to engage in strategic and operational discussions with advisors, their staff, and the LPL executive team. The ideal candidate will be solution orientated and able to deal with difficult situations as well as conduct difficult conversations.
The role of the AVP, RTP is to oversee the new advisor transition and assimilation process which includes collaborating with a number of different departments across the firm. The goals are to deliver a high quality client experience, expedite the transition of the advisor’s clients and accounts, and help the advisor set up their practice for success at LPL Financial. Lastly, the AVP, RTP will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives to help evolve the overall onboarding, transition, and assimilation process.
- Partner with the Business Development recruiters to understand the prospect’s needs and plan and execute the transition and assimilation
- Provide hands on support to the advisors in order to help them transition their clients and accounts quickly and seamlessly
- Manage the relationship and experience of new financial advisors and firms during their transition and assimilation into LPL
- Execute multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Identify opportunities and create solutions to expedite and improve the transition and assimilation process
- Understand, utilize, and stay current with our technology, industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Series 7 or other licenses a plus
- 10 years of experience in financial services, preferably in client services, relationship management, or sales
- Proven experience managing projects and resources
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as time management and organizational skills
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- Project management, compliance, sales, and relationship management experience is a plus
- 50% travel anticipated
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.