AVP, Regional Transitions PartnerApply Job ID: R-018389 Date posted: 10/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations MA-Remote
In addition to managing the client experience, the RTP must be able to engage in strategic and operational discussions with advisors, their staff, and the LPL executive team. The ideal candidate will be solution orientated and able to deal with difficult situations as well as conduct difficult conversations.
The role of the RTP is to oversee the new advisor transition and assimilation process which includes collaborating with a number of different departments across the firm. The goals are to deliver a high quality client experience, expedite the transition of the advisor’s clients and accounts, and help the advisor set up their practice for success at LPL Financial. Lastly, the RTP will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives to help evolve the overall onboarding, transition, and assimilation process.
As a key member of the ‘Premium’ business development team, this role will eventually focus on wirehouse breakaway advisors who need an additional layer of startup support and guidance. The individual in this role will take on project management and coordination of a variety of internal business partners and external third-party vendors to ensure white-glove delivery of a fully outsourced launch experience, including: entity creation, office-buildout, brand launch, benefits and HR setup. This individual will play a key role in coordinating the efforts of various LPL partners, to prevent the advisor from getting overwhelmed, but ensuring that the LPL team gets everything they need to support the new business. Finally, this role is entrepreneurial and will be a critical thought-partner as the offering is developed and continually enhanced based on advisor feedback and industry changes.
- Partner with the Business Development recruiters and Premium Specialists to understand the prospect’s needs and plan and execute the transition and assimilation
- Provide hands on support to the advisors in order to help them transition their clients and accounts quickly and seamlessly
- Manage the relationship and experience of new financial advisors and firms during their transition and assimilation into LPL
- Execute multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Identify opportunities and create solutions to expedite and improve the transition and assimilation process
- Understand, utilize, and stay current with our technology, industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape
- Manage third-party vendor relationships including, but not limited to, legal, marketing, HR, Real Estate
- Play an active role in the sales process from early sales conversations with the advisor and due diligence support to Home Office Visit presentations. Quickly become a trusted partner to the prospective team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services preferably in client service, relationship management, or sales
- Proven experience managing projects and resources
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as time management and organizational skills
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- Project management, Series 7 license, compliance, sales, and relationship management experience is a plus
- 50% travel anticipated
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.