AVP Research OperationsApply Job ID: R-020174 Date posted: 01/10/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Looking to join an operations team supporting an industry leading product experience research team?
Interested in collaborating with senior management, product stakeholders, and internal business partners?
Want to assist with clearing the runway for helping an awesome research team focus on achieving great research outcomes?
If so, let’s talk.
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Product Experience (PX) team at LPL Financial is looking for an extremely talented AVP Research Operations (ResearchOps) Lead to join our PX Operations group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about research operations, skilled at creating processes, and interested in establishing best practices, and will be passionate about product experience and have previously been a user experience researcher. This role will advocate for users and embrace human-centered principles. The candidate will be collaborative, flexible, and start-up minded.
- Drive for efficiency gains across all existing and net new processes.
- Help the PX Research team continue to grow by adding talent, adjusting team structure, managing onboarding, and providing new hire trainings.
- Own the research intake process; team capacity, researcher allocations, etc.
- Help manage metrics, create artifacts, and socialize PX Research team reporting.
- Anticipate risks, articulate concerns, and remove blockers for keeping research efforts on track.
- Help establish and maintain a centralized library of PX Research artifacts; findings, templates, files, best practices, reports, etc.
- Assess PX Research team tools, navigate all net new and/or updated tools or subscriptions through the firm's procurement steps, and ensure all are regularly updated and remain in compliance with firm policies.
- Maintain 3rd party vendor relationships, procure, and manage all team contracts; subscriptions, licenses, resources, etc.
- Manage tooling; onboard new users, grant and maintain access, share updates, and provide trainings.
- Assist PX Research leads with engagement needs; scoping, planning, tracking progress, recruiting, scheduling, and reporting.
- Help PX Research leads with logistic details during discovery, stakeholder alignment, and customer research sessions.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5-7+ years of experience managing multiple research engagements and/or leading research operations.
- Product experience (PX), user experience (UX), user experience research (UXR), or producer / project management (PM) background.
- Have the ability to navigate complex and regulated organizations while skillfully maintaining alignment across all stakeholders.
- Experience onboarding talent and scaling a research team to address demand. You have a proven track record of keeping efforts on time, track, and budget.
- Ability to promote a culture where people are appreciated, feel supported, and can thrive.
- Will advocate for operational excellence, best practices, improvements, and efficiency gains.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.