AVP, Retirement ConsultingApply Job ID: R-004125 Date posted: 08/17/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The AVP, Retirement Consulting Group (RCG) is responsible for creating the strategy and driving the execution against goals for the Retirement Consulting Group's (RCG),Mid-West Territory team. They will be required to provide leadership, direction, guidance and sales management to the Retirement Consultants they manage. They will be focused on driving adoption for the Retirement Partners division's programs and initiatives amongst the retirement plan focused advisors affiliated with LPL Financial. Additionally, this individual will be required to take a lead role in development of RCG's programs including management and coordination with impacted internal partners.
This individual will operate in a player/coach role capacity and will be expected to provide timely, accurate and actionable guidance to advisors and their team on all areas of Retirement Partners and its programs and initiatives as well as provide practice support that arise from day-to-day issues or questions. The overall objective of the RCG is to partner and consult with retirement focused advisors to help them grow and make their business more efficient.
- Sales Support and Consulting: Product and solution consulting; Proposal generation; participation in and helping Advisors prepare for point of sale client meetings and presentations to prospects; leverage and work with sponsors' field teams to support point of sale meetings, enrollment, ongoing education, etc.
- Business Consulting: support for Advisors' efforts to streamline their business efficiency; assistance with and advice on client segmentation; tool suite optimization strategies etc.; Act as intermediary with LPL RP Strategic Development to respond to Advisors requests for new products, selling agreements, etc. Provide technical guidance or source referrals to Advisors. Assist Advisors with issue resolution.
- Proactive Sales Campaigns: outbound calls, scheduled meetings, virtual study groups, group conference calls, promoting business building, sales and prospecting ideas, technical updates, etc.
- Manage the promotion and day-to-day operations of the Retirement Plan Consulting Program. Promote use in advisor discussions; process and track advisor applications as well as develop and maintain reporting on program growth.
- Advisor Training and Education: Actively participate in customer service training and other industry conferences and training seminars to remain current with operational policies and procedures and retirement industry trends. Collaboration with Retirement Marketing team to generate topics, provide content and help deliver training to Advisors.
Other Job Duties:
- Provide regular feedback to the Retirement Partners Management team to improve both the advisor experience and operational efficiencies
- Conduct demos of tools and services for both existing and prospective advisors
- Participate on consulting group program teams and broader retirement partners strike teams
- Proactively engage with the transitions department to help integrate new Advisors and map/transition their books of business to LPL Financial.
- Job Requirements
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree (focus in: Business, Marketing & Communication)
- Minimum Experience Required (including years of experience): 7-9 years (focus in: Institutional Retirement Plan Industry)
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7/63/65/66, AIF, PPC, CRPS or other retirement industry designations
- Software/System Skills: Microsoft Office (required), Salesforce.com (preferred)
- Additional information:
- Travel to conferences and occasional advisor locations for site visits.
- Internal interaction with all functions and all members of the Retirement Partners team (Business Development, Strategy, Provider Relations; etc.) Also, the specialist will interact with other internal partners within Marketing, Transitions, GRC and Legal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Positive, customer focused attitude and demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service. Needs to work well in groups and have good problem solving skills.
- LPL Retirement Partners is a fast-growing, dynamic division so individuals will need to be able to multi-task and adjust quickly to the changing environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.