AVP, RIA SolutionsApply Job ID: R-006800 Date posted: 06/07/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
- Identify and prioritize initiatives to improve the LPL experience for fee-based financial advisors who affiliate with the firm’s corporate RIA and individual registered investment advisors (RIAs).
- Develop and maintain detailed competitive assessments and identify key areas for competitive advantage.
- Actively monitor and analyze emerging trends, developments and players across independent adviser service providers to inform the company’s view of opportunities and approach to innovation.
- Leverage market data to identify opportunities, influence capabilities development, and guide marketing campaigns.
- Engage with leading industry service providers to identify and cultivate potential partnership recommendations.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions for an industry-leading adviser experience.
- Serve as a subject matter expert resource to counsel prospective and existing clients on LPL’s unique capabilities through consultation and analysis.
- Provide research, analysis, and project management on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Experience working within the independent wealth management industry, with a familiarity with existing RIA players and solutions (including custodians, technology vendors, platform service providers, etc.).
- Familiarity with the unique business considerations for RIAs and how they may differ from other financial institutions, including regulatory compliance, technology, service experience, etc.
- An entrepreneurial drive, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner.
- Strong communications skills, with the confidence to effectively present complex items to senior internal leadership and influential external stakeholders.
- Experience working on a project team and meeting project timelines while managing competing priorities.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and MS Office suite, with a comfort in learning new technology tools.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.