AVP, Senior F5 EngineerApply Job ID: R-002691 Date posted: 09/26/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Candidate must have F5 Operations and Engineering experience with multiple F5 solutions in an enterprise environment. Must have experience in data networking, working with application development teams and communicating effectively with various departments and technical skill sets within an organization. A strong awareness of Security and data traffic flow control is required.
- Hands on knowledge of TCP/IP and UNIX/LINUX variants.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network devices (routers, switches, etc.), including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags.
- Ability to read packet captures for troubleshooting of data traffic flow.
- Knowledge of DNS configurations for both the Internet and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Fundamental knowledge of encryption to include HTTPS in a reverse and forward proxy environment.
- 5+ years Network Engineering experience.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, PERL, BASH, etc.
- Familiar with F5 Architecture and comfortable with creating and managing multiple Partitions.
- Experience working hands on with F5 Viprion and various F5 BigIP Appliances.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with designing and administrating F5 Local Traffic Manager including CLI commands and Route Domains.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with designing and implementing redundant DNS with F5 Global Traffic Manager for a multiple active Data Center environment.
- Experience in creating and administering F5 iRules.
- At least 3+ years’ experience creating, implementing and administering F5 Application Security Manager rules with LTM Virtual Servers.
- Experience implementing and supporting F5 Access Policy Manager and client authentication for both Active Directory and Identity Federation such as SAML..
- Experience implementing and administering F5 Secure Web Gateway.
- Experience with configuration of F5 iControl.
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise monitoring and configuring tools for the F5 platforms such BIG-IQ.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
- F5 Professional Certifications desirable.
- Security and Network Certifications desirable such as CISSP, CHFI,CEH,CCNP,CCNA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.