AVP, Service Desk ManagerApply Job ID: R-017215 Date posted: 08/31/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients
The Assistant Vice President, Technology (Service Desk) role directs and coordinates activities of the 24/7 Service Desk staff engaged in support services, and responds to and anticipates the support needs of our home office employees. Besides ensuring the day to day operations is managed and running efficiently, the AVP is expected to strategize and drive automation tolls/services that shift the volume left, and improve efficiency as well as scalability.
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first level service desk support on a 7×24 basis
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure service desk support coverage 7x24x365
- Provides team preparation and communication for administrative tasks and projects that require service desk user support post task such as company moves, cutovers, weekend projects, and onboarding waves
- Manages all aspects of the service desk offering including any outsourced vendor usage. Tracking vendor output, SLAs, cost, and quality
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, and status reports are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer service provided by service desk support are continually carried through
- Serves as the around-the-clock contact for all related support issues or escalation for the desk, providing advanced first level technology support for their team members
- Ensure systems policies, processes and procedures, are documented and in place for service desk teams to reference
- Management of multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Drive automation and shift left projects to help increase efficiency and scalability of the service team
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Home Office Customer Care
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a customer support role, preferably in the IT operations field that required troubleshooting, customer service, and communication to a variety of end users/customers
- A minimum of 3 years managing a customer service team
- Experienced in supporting environments of minimum 3,000 – 5,000 end users
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of wireless networking, VPN, and networking components and terminology
- Knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments
- Vendor and MSP management experience a plus
- Knowledge of principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.