AVP, Solutions ArchitectApply Job ID: R-009899 Date posted: 05/08/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
AVP, Solutions Architect
We are currently seeking an AVP, Solutions Architect for LPL’s Advisor Technical Solutions offering. This senior level individual contributor will possess technical expertise and engineering skill sets which allow them to be considered the leading subject matter expert for both Advisor branch office technology (small to mid-size branch office technology, including end-user devices, office LAN and connectivity, workgroup and small domain networks, file share services, printing, etc.) as well as the lead for enabling MS Azure AD technical infrastructure, including Office 365, SharePoint, and OneDrive cloud based components. A knowledge of security and compliance controls required for regulated financial services industries is required. This resource interfaces and works with the multiple vendor teams responsible for delivering day to day level 1 and level 2 operations. The Solutions Architect will be responsible to handle technical escalations that are not resolved by the vendors or field technicians. This individual must be able to work in a fast paced, startup-like environment and identify requirements and implement them following appropriate change control and release processes. This role will include technical consultation during new office buildouts including network infrastructure and LAN implantation, audio-visual solutions, and other technical matters. In addition, this individual will be a customer facing and is expected to provide technical expertise during new customer sales meetings, including handling some sale meetings independently, based on client profiles.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, and implementation of various Advisor Tech Solutions products that require a thorough knowledge of the technologies and capabilities of the platform
- Research new functionality, capabilities and offerings related to the Advisor Tech Solutions program
- Documentation of technical procedures, user guides and runbooks for primary vendor and field tech support operational hand-off
- Designs workflows and business processes around onboarding of new technology and customers
- Development of technology governance guidelines and standards and associated reporting and monitoring practices
- Designing, developing, and implementing monitoring solutions for Advisor branch office technologies and back end MS Azure based technologies
- Creation of automated and/or scripted solutions for use by the day to day operational support vendors and field technicians
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point within the Operations organization
- Assist with routine and preventative maintenance and act as an escalation point and SME
- Engage with existing and prospective Technical Solutions customers and support sales cycles from a technical standpoint, perform direct sales meetings, onsite and remote technology assessments, and work with customers to help develop solutions to resolve technical needs
- Previous experience as a Windows systems administrator or engineer
- Expert / SME level knowledge on MS Azure AD, Office 365 Tenant management, SharePoint Online, OneDrive/Box, InTune and other MS cloud based end user solutions
- Previous experience in managed services roles, specifically in customer facing / customer service roles
- Experience designing technology solutions in a for profit service model
- Familiarity with P&L and cost management in a technical managed services company
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of network infrastructure and design and security appliance installation and configuration for small office LAN topologies
- Expert knowledge of scripting and automation technologies for deployment and monitoring, such as PowerShell and PowerBI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate ‘think on your feet’ capability with customer facing presence
- Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.