AVP, Solutions Engineer High AvailabilityApply Job ID: R-002872 Date posted: 05/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
Solutions Engineer – High Availability
High Availability Solutions Engineer
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Solutions Engineer with experience designing and deploying highly available environments. The Solutions Engineer will act as subject matter expert and advocate for Enterprise Data Center technologies. The primary focus will be creating and supporting a highly available intra- and inter-data center infrastructure.
In depth knowledge in a number of the following areas is required:
- Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture
- IT Budget/Spend management
- IBM Power (7/8)
- SAN (IBM/Infinidat/EMC)
- NAS (NetApp)
- Load balancing
- VMware ESX
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Operating Systems
- Windows 2002-2016
- RedHat Linux (CentOS) 5-7
- Unix - IBM AIX
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for all enterprise data center systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate with peers across disciplines to acquire and implement technologies, tools and systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate high availability objectives.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and associated training plans for systems administration and end-user access.
- Assist with routine and preventative maintenance as an escalation point and SME.
- Research, POC and engineer new and upgraded data center technologies.
- Recommend hardware or software changes needed to optimize Citrix deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
A background that demonstrates the importance of both education and experience, including:
- 10+ years of hands-on, practical enterprise experience in one or more of the above technologies
- 5+ years as an Infrastructure Architect
- Bachelors or equivalent education and/or experience
- Industry certifications appropriate to the role
- Some experience with Information Security topics, such as
- Risk Management
- Process and Governance frameworks
- Audit controls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and change focus as necessary
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.