AVP, Strategic Finance Partner (Advisor Facing)Apply Job ID: R-007378 Date posted: 10/29/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Capital Management department fosters a culture of product innovation, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our team is looking for a talented Finance leader and influencer with client facing experience and a strategic financial background.
In this role with the CFO Solutions team, you are a dedicated resource to select business owners to act as an outsourced strategy and finance partner, helping them understand their financials and underlying business metrics. You will provide data driven decision making to help the business grow top line revenue, bottom line profits and increase their business valuation. As an outsourced strategy and finance partner you will be an objective, credible, and dedicated financial and strategic expert who drives the creation of a plan to grow and increase advisors’ business value. You will be a trusted partner with your advisors and hold them accountable to achieve business goals
This program is designed to accelerate advisors growth (organic and inorganic) by having them understand the value of their business and growth potential, implementing tailored growth strategies, and providing early access to M&A opportunities for business expansion. This program allows advisors to spend more time with their clients as you will be the financial expert providing financial analysis, insights and business metrics. As a dedicated resource you are also responsible for providing easy to understand and interpret summarized forecasts, budgets, cost benefit analysis, and accounting information. Finally, this program allows advisors to achieve peace of mind by providing subject matter expertise to advisors regarding their business structure, providing access to LPL capital with favorable terms, strategies to prepare their business for liquidation, and access to succession planning solutions.
- Outsourced strategy and finance function for LPL advisors and their businesses
- Provide credible and objective financial consulting support and analytical expertise in an effort to drive improved profitability, organic and inorganic net new asset growth, and ultimately enhanced satisfaction and retention of our advisors and institutions
- Produce comprehensive financial analyses of advisor practices in order to help business owners better understand their value including profitability, cash flow, areas of opportunity, and the impacts of shifts in their business
- Act as a trusted accountability partner by developing and helping to execute on business plans that take advantage of the areas of opportunity identified
- Assist in the design, implementation and execution of the program
- Measure and report on the impact of the group’s efforts
Advisor M&A and Succession Planning support
- Provide valuation support and consulting to advisors, leveraging proprietary valuation model and methodology
- Provide buy-side and sell-side consulting to advisors through pro forma P&L and cash flow analyses including deal integration modeling
Advisor access to capital
- Support the existing advisor loan programs that provide advisors access to capital to support practice acquisition and growth
- Work with the Capital Solutions organization to ensure a streamlined, efficient and effective process for deploying capital to our advisors to assist in growing their business
Ad-hoc business analysis, reporting and decision support
- Collaborate with LPL Advisors to ensure proper financial perspective is brought to decision-making
- Support the creation and compilation of various studies and surveys, including the Advisor Benchmarking Survey and the Advisor Productivity & Profitability Study
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- CVA or other valuation designation a plus
- FINRA Series 7, 63 a plus
- 5-10 years of related experience, engaging with business owners and driving strategic finance plans and analytics
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills are required
- Keenly analytical, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Takes initiative and shows strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry, and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Prior successful experience interacting with advisors and senior management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well and collaboratively within a team environment
- Up to 25% travel anticipated
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.