AVP, Strategy - Industry and Competitive TrendsApply Job ID: R-000487 Date posted: 08/09/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Vice President in the Corporate Strategy group, developing our Industry and Competitive trends and perspectives. The new leader will join the strategy team at LPL Financial and will be:
• Analyzing key short-term and long-term trends that impact the financial services industry and LPL Financial.
• Driving actionable outcomes for LPL Financial to address these trends.
The output from these efforts will also support the development of the firm’s long-term strategy and enterprise-wide strategic projects. To do so, the individual must have outstanding strategic thinking skills, strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
The successful candidate has illustrated a strong ability to quickly understand the most critical elements of any industry or business, but also knows the nuances of the financial services industry. Experience in industry / competitive intelligence, strategy consulting firms, solving for highly unstructured problems in an iterative, hypothesis-driven, “answer first” approach is a plus.
• Researching the financial services industry, develop concise strategic challenges facing the firm, and empower the firm’s leadership to make decisions at the Management Committee, C-suite and board level.
• Leverage the organization to develop detailed strategic options for LPL to address potential opportunities and challenges.
• Analyzing internal and external data to bolster the strategic point of view.
• Establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization that creates better input into the strategy development process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes.
• Planning and execution leadership for key strategic projects that span across business units and stakeholders.
• Provide project management and analytical support as needed
• Experience in industry / competitive intelligence, or strategy
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
• Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes.
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
• Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
• Results oriented and outcome based
• Background in management consulting or financial services industry a plus
• Post MBA strategy experience or experience with management consulting firm preferred
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.