AVP Strategy, Innovation, and ExecutionApply Job ID: R-004198 Date posted: 08/23/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
AVP Strategy, Innovation, and Execution
Posting Title: AVP Strategy Innovation and Execution
Location: Fort Mill, SC
The AVP Strategy Innovation and Execution will join the Strategy team and Innovation Lab at LPL Financial and will be:
- Take a leadership role in the development and implementation (pilots and full rollouts) of new capabilities and offerings for the firm
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking in development of our innovation strategy, implementation and overall organization transformation
- Lead and influence teams to achieve above goals
- Engaging and partnering with cross-functional partners and stakeholders across multiple business areas in the firm
- Supporting broader LPL Corporate strategy team in strategic projects
The output from these efforts will also support the development of the firm’s long-term strategy and enterprise-wide strategic projects. To do so, the individual must have outstanding strategic thinking skills, strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong analytical skill-set, outstanding strategic thinking skills and the ability to actively manage multiple bodies of rapidly advancing work simultaneously.
- Developing and applying strategies to implement innovations. Specifically the ability to take full ownership of the initiative including any P&L.
- Synthesizing internal and external raw data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations to Department leadership
- Working closely with the broader Innovation and Human Intelligence Teams to develop learning roadmaps and supporting measurement strategies to capture data to guide strategic decision-making
- Achieve alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative innovation process.
- Influencing or directly managing teams
This position is based in LPL’s headquarters located in Charlotte, NC (Fort Mill, SC).
- Strong strategy expertise
- Execution experience: The ability to turn data into insight, into decisions and engage people to implement those
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes. Experience in startups is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- 8+ years professional experience, and top tier undergraduate and/or MBA degree preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.