AVP, StrategyApply Job ID: R-002864 Date posted: 05/02/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Reporting the VP of Business Unit Strategy, within the broader Corporate Strategy team at LPL, The Assistant Vice President, Strategy will join the strategy team at LPL Financial and:
- Help construct strategic pricing and policy decisions that are aligned the firm’s objectives to drive market share and maximize gross profit
- Partner with Business Unit leaders throughout the firm to launch new initiatives and / or improve processes to align best align with strategic goals
To do so, the individual must have outstanding strategic thinking, analytical, and presentation skills. A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of both LPL’s monetization model and the broader competitive landscape. While understanding the nuances of the financial services industry is paramount, the candidate should have strong business acumen in general and be able to understand critical elements any industry or business.
A background in consulting and a comfort level with solving unstructured problems in an iterative, hypothesis-driven, “answer first” way are pluses.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and pricing and policies strategies that help the firm achieve strategic objectives
- Lead cross functional process improvement and new revenue initiative engagements that are tried to the firm’s corporate strategy. Will require creating the framing for market positioning, capability differentiation, and investment sequencing for the organization.
- Leverage unique understanding of specific competitor insight, industry profit pools, and LPL’s monetization model to assist with key strategic decision making and empower the firm’s leadership to develop perspectives and make key decisions regarding cross-firm business strategies.
- Analyzing internal and external data to bolster the strategic point of view.
- Establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization that creates better input into the strategy development process, and better alignment by communicating strategic decisions and outcomes.
This position is based in LPL’s headquarters located in San Diego, CA, or Charlotte, NC (Fort Mills, SC).
- Experienced strategist with 2+ years of experience in either Management Consulting or a strategy function within a large publicly traded company; potentially open to candidates with broader financial services background in lieu of formal consulting experience
- Strong strategy skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues visually.
- Entrepreneurial perspective, grounded in tangible outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Top tier undergraduate and/or MBA degree a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.