AVP, Tech Lead ActimizeApply Job ID: R-003012 Date posted: 05/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President of Business Technology Services, Risk & Regulatory will act as a technical lead for our “Actimize”- Surveillance platform and will be responsible for supporting and enhancing this platform along with other Risk & Regulatory applications.
- Design, develop, test and implement Risk & Regulatory solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design, code reviews and implementation of best practices, adhering to LPL’s SDLC and RM processes.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the case management system and its integration with other systems.
- Provide leadership and guide the team’s development efforts towards successful project delivery and application support.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance Risk and Regulatory applications
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support
- Detect and solve technology delivery issues effectively. Strong problem solver.
- Ensure contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability.
- Ensure service level agreements are met daily.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical lead capacity for a high performing platform management and software development team
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- BS or MS in a technical discipline
- Strong PL/SQL experience
- Financial services/brokerage firm experience
- Licensed FINRA Operations Professional (Series 99), or any related licenses is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to interface with customers to gather business needs and to present solutions
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff
- Experience using Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Tech Lead with 7+ years of experience in implementing web projects with strong Java and Oracle experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Actimize Enterprise Case Management experience is preferred
- Oracle Exadata platform experience is desired
- Methodology: Agile, SDLC, SAFe
- Experience with ETL tools like Informatica is desired.
- Batch processing experience is preferred.
- Software security standards and best practices
- Other: Understanding of concepts such as DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Test Driven Development
- Experience with any Compliance Case management tools is a plus.
- 3+ years of Risk and Regulatory applications experience is preferred
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.