AVP, Technology Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-011209 Date posted: 09/24/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the sustainable, scalable capabilities that enable the vision for Advisor Flexibility. You will be accountable for developing and maintaining the technical roadmap and backlog for high velocity development teams. You will engage broadly across Business & Technology partners to develop, document, and communicate product strategy to solve highly complex market and business challenges. The scope of work will require engagement across all levels of the firm in order to obtain subject matter expertise and solicit functional and technical requirements.
PROFILE AND JOB RESPONSIBILITY:
- Liaison with Business Stakeholders, Business Product, Solution Architecture, and Development/Engineering teams to build the vision, strategy, and product technology roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer and stakeholders in the team
- Gain in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the product and features, and communicate them to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Create the functional requirements through Epics & well-groomed User Stories to translate the product vision into atomic units, complete with robust acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements
- Own and lead the team’s backlog. Lead the development team through all activities to support Sprint activities
- Create workflows based on requirements using Visio, Mind Maps.
- Create scenarios, scripts, test data and review with stakeholders. Conduct demo's of product with business and technology stakeholders
- Execute functional, regression and ad-hoc tests with test cases.
- Keeps customers informed of progress, issues, and resolutions.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure Technology solutions meet customer needs
- Partner with multiple teams to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Perform root cause analysis and propose solutions based on business requirements for any defects
- Ability to weigh in on "ad-hoc requirements” & “Business Emergencies" during the planning phase Communicate with business leaders from all verticals about the active working pipeline and obtain priorities of the change requests.
- Coordinate with business customers to conduct product integration testing
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields
- 10+ years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- 5+ experience hands-on experience with business & systems requirements processes
- Demonstrated experience as Product Lead
- Experience in Fintech and/or Financial Services
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer focus with a strong bias for action
- Demonstrated problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.