AVP, Technology Project MgmtApply Job ID: R-007809 Date posted: 10/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description: AVP, Project Manager
As an AVP, Project Manager, you will focus on managing technology projects. This is an individual contributor position but will provide leadership for select projects.
The AVP, Project Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of project includes managing project budget, timelines, scope, risks & issues, status and communications across stakeholders.
- Coordinating the completion of required SDLC artifacts and approvals, including uploading to repositories.
- Coordination of internal and external resources and third parties/vendors.
- Deliver projects against operating plan on time, on budget, on quality and experience.
- Development of detailed project plan and schedule to track progress and milestones.
- Refinement of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Creation of project level status reporting and development communications plan.
- Manage and identify availability and allocation of project Resources, in partnership with Resource Manager.
- Initial point-of-contact for project escalations.
- Managing & tracking project budget, risks, and issues.
- Primary Liaison with Business Project Managers, responsible for ensuring project status alignment with Business PM.
- Coordination of planned project releases.
- Business/IT degree qualified
- Five or more years’ project management experience in Technology
- Broker Dealer/Financial Service or other heavily regulated industry experience
- Active PMP certification required
- Organizational skills in planning, implementation and reporting of a project
- Skilled in managing full lifecycle of project delivery: creation of production processes and procedures, support model requirements and business acceptance & handover
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Ability to identify and manage risk. Ability to escalate when necessary.
- Experience in managing project budgets and multi-faceted projects
- Good communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Business & IT strategy experience
- Customer-focused mindset
- Knowledge of related software tools (Jira, TFS, Planview)
- Strong leadership capability - experience of communicating and engaging staff, peers and stakeholders in the delivery of projects
- Experience managing virtual teams based globally
- Experience in delivering multiple, large scale and budget technology projects including infrastructure projects
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.