AVP, Technology SalesApply Job ID: R-002831 Date posted: 05/03/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The AVP of Technology Sales is part of the Business Transitions Team within Business Development. The AVP of Technology Sales will be a subject matter expert on all of LPL’s technology tools and their primary goal is to aide in the recruitment of new advisors, teams, and institutions by showcasing LPL’s technology during Home Office Visits, In-Field Visits and Technology Demonstrations. Candidates must tailor presentations based on the advisor’s needs, and be able to articulate the benefits of LPL’s technology as well as demonstrate how it can create efficiency and drive growth for the advisor’s practice.
The AVP will also be responsible for determining the re-papering and training strategy for our Institutional business segment and manage the execution of that strategy. This will require project management expertise and specialization in multiple lines of business to deliver a high quality client experience, help expedite the transition of the office’s clients and accounts, and help the office increase their productivity and proficiency.
Qualified candidates will possess a strong understanding of the financial industry, have superior presentation skills (many presentations are in front of senior executive clients and internal executive business partners), and have an enthusiastic, polished, professional demeanor.
- Deliver sales-driven demonstrations of LPL’s technology and address questions related to LPL’s technology platforms and operational policies & procedures
- Responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives to help evolve the overall HOV and Tech Demo experience
- Work with our Recruiting team to gather information regarding the advisor’s business and potential uses of specific technologies and the benefits that would be gleaned
- Understand, utilize, and stay current with all technology enhancements and train/educate internal staff on those enhancements and on the art of technology sales
- Gather industry intelligence to gain a competitive advantage over our competitor’s technologies
- Provide oversight of the resources that will support Institutional offices in order to help them transition their clients and accounts quickly and seamlessly
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field of study preferred
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 preferred
- Must have prior sales experience in the investment space (prior experience as a Financial Advisor or Wholesaler a plus)
- Must have a strong executive presence and comfort with presenting to senior executives within LPL
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong relationship building & consultative skills are a must
- Proven experience managing projects and resources
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.