AVP TechnologyApply Job ID: R-011254 Date posted: 09/25/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
AVP Technology (Platform Owner)
Do you have a passion for how things work? Do you spend time thinking about what makes a product useful and efficient? We are looking for someone who would like to use their organization skills and passion for succeeding to build technology products customers love.
The Platform Owner works within the agile process to assign priority, business value, and functionality to drive implementation by development team. The Platform Owner works with the business owners to identify user needs, helps the customer understand business value, work with cross-functional teams to manage successful release of the new functionality and owns the communication across the organization.
Liaison & Communication
- Represents Technology while interfacing and engaging with the business user
- Communicates the development strategy, prioritization and status outside the team and at the executive level
- Acts as the primary contact for any queries related to the product
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood
- Develop product strategy and vision while considering the product guiding principles
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Develop detailed user stories for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Establish data requirements in collaboration with Business, develop source to target mappings, define data quality expectations and rules, monitor and manage quality of data
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Creates the Go to Market Plan, ensuring road map, support, training, marketing accessibility is planned.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
- Shows ownership to lead a cross functional team to deliver high value releases
- Is accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities
- Steers the project to ensure delivery and mitigate risks
- Is visible, vocal, and objective
- 10+ years platform management or product manager experience
- 5-10 years Financial services experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, business, or related field
- Experience within agile delivery framework
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Passion for delivering the best user experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability for multi-tasking while prioritizing to show results
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.