AVP, TechnologyApply Job ID: R-012148 Date posted: 03/01/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you and we have a exciting AVP, Technology opportunity that might be a perfect fit!
- Guide the team’s development efforts towards successful project delivery and application support.
- Design, develop, test, tune and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design, code reviews and implementation of best practices, adhering to LPL’s SDLC and RM processes.
- Work collaboratively with QA, DevOPS teams to adopt CI/CD tool chain and develop automation.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing legacy systems and applications.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Design and develop core services and components with expertise in service-oriented architecture.
- Design patterns and coding best practices.
- Involved in Analysis, Design and Development of the project by following Agile Methodology including daily scrum and sprint meetings.
- Performing peer-peer code reviews and team code reviews and provide demos on latest technologies.
- Involvement in monthly major releases to support production release activities thru automated releases using DevOps and TeamCity.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full stack developer with 12+ years of experience designing service oriented applications.
- Tech lead with 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch.
- Excellent development experience with REST,SOAP based services
- Excellent understanding of SOA principles and design patterns
- Excellent understanding and writing of SQL server/Oracle procedures, Views, functions and designing skills.
- Excellent understanding of system integration. Great track record of implementing the distributed systems with legacy and modern technical tools.
- Excellent knowledge in about pub/sub messaging technologies and patterns
- Excellent knowledge in caching and exception handling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive service development experience with the following technologies: .NET framework, C#, SQL server, Oracle, MVC, Mule Services
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with C#.NET
- Experience working with Windows Service
- Experience working with Console application
- Experience working with SQL server/Oracle databases.
- Experience developing web services (REST/SOAP) and integrating with vendor APIs.
- Expertise with MS SQL design, stored procedures, query optimization and ad hoc reporting.
- Experience working with exception handling, caching (Solr or others) and Pub/sub (TIBCO EMS, ActiveMQ or others)
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT etc.
- Experience in working with Streamsets.
- Experience working on client scripting tools like Angular JS, Type Script, jQuery, RxJs is a plus.
- Experience in writing unit tests using any of these technologies VS Tests, Nunit, Junit, Munit, Jasmin/Karma is a plus.
- Experience working with remote teams and contingent workers/SOW
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.