AVP, Third Party RiskApply Job ID: R-009079 Date posted: 03/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The AVP, Third Party Risk & Due Diligence, is responsible for managing the planning and execution of all due diligence risk assessments performed on third parties as stated in LPL Policies and Standards. The due diligence assessments involve evaluating various risk domains through documents and information provided by a vendor or while onsite at the third party’s location(s) including: information security, financial viability, business continuity, compliance objectives, offshore risks and contractual risks. This role will partner closely with Information Security, Business Continuity, Legal, and other teams participating in the vendor onboarding process to ensure appropriate due diligence risk assessment is performed and risk is identified and communicated to the business units.
This role requires an individual with exceptional managerial, organizational and communication skills, and an ability to partner and create strong relationships with key stakeholders within technology and other business units.
- Lead, schedule, and support a team of Sr. Analysts that execute fact based vendor assessments and create reports to be delivered to business unit leaders outlining each Third Party’s compliance with company standards
- Work with Sourcing & Procurement team to identify new vendor relationships that may need due diligence assessment
- Partner with colleagues across Procurement, Information Security, Business Continuity, and other business units to help drive completion of assigned third party risk assessments which includes scheduling, execution and remediation
- Schedule and participate in meetings with internal business stakeholders for escalation.
- Work with Business Units (BUs) to ensure third parties are properly assessed and are compliant with Third Party Risk processes
- Participate in formal Third Party Risk & Due Diligence governance routines as needed
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant third party risk management best practices and regulations
- Develop and execute operational excellence and lean methodologies, delivering continuous improvement in line with regulatory, best practice and business performance
- See the big picture and make informed suggestions on strategic direction
- Ensure the identification, log and assessing of new and existing third parties to determine risk exposure and monitoring needs
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive master repository of third party information, types and activity risk analyses for departmental use and governance reporting
- Build annual schedule of due diligence risk assessments to ensure timely delivery of all assessments
- Provide training and subject matter expertise as needed
- Build strong relationships with BUs, stakeholders and third parties
- Foster a positive, diverse and inclusive culture through education and communication
- Create Third Party metrics reporting, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Assist with Request for proposal (RFP), new contracts, contract renewals, amendments and Statements of Work as needed
- Perform vendor assessments if needed
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a team leadership role
- 3+ years of third party management or third-party risk experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience with focus in Risk Management
- Strong knowledge of information security and risk controls
- Ability to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organization up to and including senior management.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to engage and influence others in all levels of the organization
- Customer focused to understand the importance of stakeholder’s business objectives and drive the process towards achieving those objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills and proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple individual and team projects concurrently
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research problems, determine root causes and solutions
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Prior experience with GRC tools preferred.
- Professional Certification in relevant security or risk management designation (e.g. CISA, CISSP, etc.) highly desired
- Experience with financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Knowledge of Regulatory third-party standards (e.g., OCC, FFIEC, CFPB)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and GRC tools
- CTPRP certification a plus
- Project management or systems solutions experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.