AVP, UMA Investment ImplementationApply Job ID: R-011976 Date posted: 12/31/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you someone with a professional background in overlay trading and investment implementation?
Do you have a strategic view on the future of tax optimization, personal indexing, and household level investment advice?
Are you looking to drive change in a critical area of LPL’s investment advisory offering?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Wealth Management Solutions team is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of centrally managed programs. This includes the platform and product offering, pricing, advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our advisors’ and investors’ experience while helping to improve our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
The focus of the new UMA Investment Implementation team and this role is to assist in forming the vision for our centrally managed overlay services and to successfully drive change on a regular basis.
What will you do?
- Lead and drive projects, initiatives, decisions, and tasks to the successful execution of key priorities
- Analyze processes and capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement, then document business requirements and work with project teams to translate into plans of action.
- Own the day to day product management which includes overlay process documentation, onboarding new strategies, management reporting, and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Develop management and project reporting to track progress towards goal and plans for addressing challenges
- Leverage and continually grow industry knowledge to deliver competitive overlay management solutions that will enable LPL to recruit to and drive adoption of our centrally managed platforms
- Participate in the formulation of the overlay management strategy, and product development roadmap
- Building presentations and delivering findings to leadership and stakeholders
- Capture feedback from advisors, stakeholders, and key partners, translating this feedback into insights and recommendations on improving the overlay program
- Partnering across the firm to advance initiatives, enhancements and remove roadblocks in Technology, Finance, Service/Trading, Operations, and Legal/Risk
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of the current state of overlay trading at LPL: 1) technology, people, and process; 2) Current customer expectations and pain points
- Providing insights to current overlay trading and UMA roadmaps based on prior experience
- Jumping in to drive current, in-flight product deliverables
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
We want an individual who has had investment implementation responsibilities on a UMA, enjoys change, seeks out opportunities to innovate, and communicates / documents in a clear and concise manner. You must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen, as well as energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ business experience; exposure to portfolio rebalancing, portfolio accounting, and related operational processes
- The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the advisory landscape, specifically UMAs and future state platforms including familiarity with competition (broker-dealers, TAMPs, etc.), platform/ product trends, and regulation
- Platform management or operational experience associated with evaluating dynamic decisions and contributing to recommendations that enhance the product offering
- Ability to interact effectively with business partners leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong consensus builder who drives change to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills required with the ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.