Bookkeeper, CFO SolutionsApply Job ID: R-015930 Date posted: 08/18/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you someone pursuing a career in accounting?
Are you detail-oriented, curious, and self-motivated?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing and innovative team?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is seeking talented and analytical candidates with a finance or accounting background to join the Bookkeeping Solutions team. As a bookkeeper within Bookkeeping Solutions, you will work closely with financial advisors by handling their internal accounting needs including bookkeeping and month-end close procedures.
The Bookkeeping Solutions program at LPL acts as bookkeepers for financial advisors and small business owners. The program helps advisors manage their financial records through month-end close procedures and providing accurate financial reports.
What will you do?
- Assist engagement teams with accounting functions, such as bank and loan reconciliations, month-end close processes, and analyze a company’s general ledger
- Collaborate with clients to obtain supporting documents
- Maintain accurate ledgers by coding transactions to appropriate accounts
- Manage a portfolio of clients with various levels of complexity
- Review financial reports for accuracy
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does success look like in the first 90 days?
Success is becoming a trusted partner for our financial advisors and team members with a reputation for attention to detail and accurate work.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance (or a related discipline) is preferred
- A strong understanding of all aspects of financial statements and general ledger accounting
- A strong understanding/experience with Quickbooks Online along with a strong command of all its functions is preferred
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Strong time-management skills and solution-oriented
- The ability to take full ownership of client deadlines and needs
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.