Brand Manager, MarketingApply Job ID: R-014840 Date posted: 05/18/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you passionate about brand marketing?
Do you have experience creating, executing, and managing brand marketing programs and campaigns?
Would you like to take your creative brand marketing experience and apply it to the world of financial services, serving financial advisors and investors across the nation?
If this sounds like the perfect blend of your passions and experience, then this could be the role for you!
The Creative Strategy & Brand Marketing team is seeking a Brand Manager to oversee LPL’s brand positioning and visual expression internally and in the broader marketplace. This role requires focus and responsibility, an eye for forecasting industry trends, and of course—creativity. You will drive the strategy for bringing the brand to life through campaigns; measure the overall health and success of the brand; and manage the brand communication strategy across a variety of media. As the “brand guardian,” you will maintain brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications.
What will you do?
- Create, execute, and manage marketing campaigns aimed at communicating our brand message
- Perform regular market research studies to gather important brand data, with regular monitoring of what the industry is doing and reporting out on it
- Design a research-based brand strategy for promoting the brand in the market and measuring its success
- Communicate and reinforce our brand personality, positioning, and visual expression internally
- Collaborate with marketing team members on campaigns, bringing creative solutions to the team
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and subject-matter experts, writers and content creators, and graphic designers and videographers
- Maintain contact with vendors and agency partners on design and implementation, working closely to manage brand marketing campaigns and oversee deliverables
- Anticipate industry trends and keep brand up to date
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who understand the value of brand and can work with team members to maintain and promote our brand. We are looking for creative people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement. We recently launched a new brand in early 2021, so while this role is not about leading a rebrand, it does require creativity and forward thinking as we look to continue improving our reputation in the industry, maintaining our current clients’ satisfaction with the firm, and bringing new initiatives to market with compelling campaigns.
What skills, experience, and education are needed?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in marketing and brand management required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills—strong writing skills a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Creative thinking is key
- Ability to work cross functionally across many teams in the organization—collaboration is key to success in this role
- Experience in managing vendors and agency relationships
- Solid knowledge of market research tools and approaches specific to brand management and measurement
- Ability to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
- Financial services experience a plus, not required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.