Business Development Associate, Lead Generation TeamApply Job ID: R-000671 Date posted: 01/29/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Business Development Associate is responsible for driving Financial Advisor lead flow to LPL’s Advisor Recruiting team in order to increase sales. This will be done through prospecting, lead qualification, and effective reporting.
Primary prospecting efforts will be phone based (cold-calling) with supplemental efforts using digital means (email campaigns and social media). The Business Development Associate will be part of the Lead Generation Team that reports to the VP of Advisor Recruiting, based in Fort Mill, SC.
- Training and development to understand and articulate LPL’s value proposition, general LPL policies, competitive landscape, the financial services industry and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Using the news cycle, territory makeup and direction of the recruiters/leaders to execute on weekly prospecting campaigns
- Prospecting financial advisors to gauge/create interest in meeting with a LPL recruiter
- Using independent judgement to qualify a lead, determining if the lead should be introduced to the pipeline by presenting to the Internal Regional Director or field Regional Director
- 100 outreaches per day – cold calls (primary), individual emails and social media outreaches (LinkedIn)
- Finding personal emails for advisors in our database that only have corporate email (example, gmail.com vs. wellsfargo.com)
- Using Salesforce.com to track and report on individual KPIs
- Using Salesforce.com to understand the impact of lead flow on territory funnel and results
- Participate in weekly team meetings and 1:1’s with team leader(s)
- Develop skillset, knowledge base and industry experience in order to qualify for next level opportunity as an Internal Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas
- Series 6, 7 and 66 preferred
- 2+ years in a sales related role; financial services experience preferred
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently and desire to be on an Incentive Compensation Plan based on individual results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build rapport, primarily via phone based communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters
- Schedule flexibility; mostly standard business hours, however campaigns or time zones may impact arrival and departure times
- Comfortable with some travel, 2 times per year for training
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.