Business Development Associate, Lead GenerationApply Job ID: R-010908 Date posted: 08/06/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Business Development Associate is responsible for driving Financial Advisor lead flow to LPL’s Advisor Recruiting team in order to increase sales. This will be done through prospecting, lead qualification, and effective reporting.
Primary prospecting efforts will be phone based (cold-calling) with supplemental efforts using digital means (email campaigns and social media). The Business Development Associate will be part of the Lead Generation Team that reports to the VP of Advisor Recruiting.
- Training and development to understand and articulate LPL’s value proposition, general LPL policies, competitive landscape, the financial services industry and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Using the news cycle, territory makeup and direction of the recruiters/leaders to execute on weekly prospecting campaigns
- Prospecting financial advisors to gauge/create interest in meeting with a LPL recruiter
- Using independent judgement to qualify a lead, determining if the lead should be introduced to the pipeline by presenting to the Internal Regional Director or field Regional Director
- 100 outreaches per day – cold calls (primary), individual emails and social media outreaches (LinkedIn)
- Finding personal emails for advisors in our database that only have corporate email (example, gmail.com vs. wellsfargo.com)
- Using Salesforce.com to track and report on individual KPIs
- Using Salesforce.com to understand the impact of lead flow on territory funnel and results
- Participate in weekly team meetings and 1:1’s with team leader(s)
- Develop skillset, knowledge base and industry experience in order to qualify for next level opportunity as an Internal Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas
- Series 6, 7 and 66 preferred
- 1-2 years in a sales role; financial services experience preferred
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to quickly build rapport, primarily via phone based communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters
- Schedule flexibility; mostly standard business hours, however campaigns or time zones may impact arrival and departure times
- Comfortable with some travel, two times per year for training
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.