Cash Control LeadApply Job ID: R-018944 Date posted: 11/16/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Position Summary: (What is the overall purpose and objective of this position?)
The Cash Control Lead Ops Specialist will be responsible for daily supervision and monitoring of Cash Management processes for both quality and risk. Ideal candidate will possess strong communication, time management, organizational, and analytical skills with a good eye for identifying and understanding firm risk and regulatory guidelines. The Lead will be asked to assist management in the supervision and development of a team of Specialists and Senior Specialists which includes but is not limited to the evaluation of individual performance. Additionally, the Lead will assist management with the creation and review of various risk based reports, handle escalated issues, monitor service level agreements (SLA’s) and participate in department projects. The individual’s scope will include the risk and fraud review of checks, wires, ACH’s, deposits, and journals, etc. The supervisor will be responsible for identifying escalation points and working to investigate and resolve issues.
Essential Functions: (List in order of importance and estimate the percentage of time spent.)
1. Risk Management - Responsibilities include the creation, review and enforcement of various firm and regulatory risk based reports to ensure daily work is getting completed accordingly. Work with team of Specialists to ensure the communication and reconciliation of items such as review of checks, wires, ACH’s, deposits, and journals for Quality, Risk, and to mitigate Fraud. Daily tasks must be completed in a deadline-driven environment.
2. Error Tracking and workflow supervision - Logging, tracking and reporting of errors as well as communicating escalations or suspicious activity. The lead will be responsible for supervising daily responsibilities of team which include assessing and evaluating volumes and re-allocating resources as necessary which may include stepping in and processing whenever necessary to ensure SLA’s are met.
3. Report review– Reviewing reports to confirm that items are being processed in conjunction with the firm’s policies and procedures
4. Team Supervision and Development – The Supervisor will assist management with conducting training and development meetings, evaluating team members performance, and provide recommendations to management on various management related items.
Other Job Duties:
1. Project Management and Audit Support– Assist Management in the completion of various projects at the firm and department level. Assist management with the compiling and review of various firm and regulatory audit requests.
4. Policy and Procedural Evaluation – Assess and provide recommendations to management on potential policy and procedures enhancements for the benefit of the department
5. Communication – Effectively communication with teammates and management team to address issues and needs
Minimum Education Required: College Degree
Minimum Experience required: (including years of experience) 1-2 years general brokerage industry knowledge.
Licenses/Certifications Required: FINRA Series 7 or Series 99 or must be able to gain upon hire
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Microsoft Excel – Compiling and communicating data.
- Microsoft Access – Creating and managing various databases.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Thomson BETA – Books and Records platform where we perform most of our duties
List any Physical Requirements for the position: (Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.)
Additional information: (Include who does this position interact with internally/externally and what levels.)
Daily interaction with LPL Financial Advisors, Department Management, as well as various departments within LPL BDSS Operations at both the Specialist and Management level. Must work well in a deadline driven environment and be asked to enforce firm and regulatory requirements with advisors. Various projects require good organizational and analytical skills of large amounts of data to ensure accuracy.
List any Soft Skills required for the position: (Communication, Multi-Tasking, etc.)
- Communication – Must communicate effectively and efficiently with team and other Operational Groups.
- Multi-Tasking – Must be able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Organization – Must be able to prioritize responsibilities to ensure deadlines provided by regulators and firm are followed.
- Analytical – Must be able to identify and manage firm risk.
Possible career path for this position: (e.g. senior, supervisor, etc.)
Manager, AVP, Project Manager (individual contributor)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the org
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.