Cash Management InternalApply Job ID: R-002704 Date posted: 04/17/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Cash Management operations is responsible for the receipt, deposit, disbursement and quality control of all money movement. The role will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to escalate an inquiry related to fraud. The data would be accompanied by full documentation, supporting artifacts to include internal and external due diligence checks as well as a business case justification. The Analyst will work primarily at an individual level, but will partner closely with members of the financial intelligence unit (FIU); governance risk and compliance (GRC), service trading and operations (STO) risk personnel as well as key business partners.
- Evaluating and editing existing operational policies and procedures to more accurately identify and document fraud, fraud prevention and the like
- Assist in the creation and management of case files for fraud investigations
- Use data analysis to help cash management develop a more proactive and anticipatory approach to fraud prevention
- Ensure ongoing analysis of risks, vulnerabilities and market trends as it pertains to fraud
- Ability to determine potential impact and risk (e.g. operational risk, financial risk, reputational risk, etc.)
- Assist in benchmarking fraud prevention effectiveness against industry standards and peer firms
- Collaborate within the team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management
- Assist in providing internal training on the Firm’s fraud prevention and awareness programs, policies and procedures
- Field inquiries from financial advisors, members of service and/or operational areas related to fraud, fraud prevention, case files with the utmost emphasis on safety and security of information
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assist team where necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
- Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.