Centralized Consulting Group InternApply Job ID: R-008736 Date posted: 02/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Summer Intern, Centralized Consulting Group
Interns will be integrated into the Centralized Consulting Group team and be key members that will assist in the completion of assignments supporting business units within Compliance, Legal and Risk. In addition, interns will assist in other assignments throughout the internship period. CCG is comprised of experienced and licensed compliance professionals who quickly support resource and consulting needs within Compliance, Legal and Risk, lessening the dependence on contingent workers and outside consultants. CCG partners with CLR business units to address volume spikes and special projects, while also identifying and delivering productivity and effectiveness solutions.
The position requires excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills, along with a passion for learning and implementing new concepts related to compliance and the broker-dealer industry.
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10- week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
- Execute on assignments for various business units across CLR including Supervision, Surveillance & Investigations, Advisory Compliance, and Marketing Regulatory and Review, to ensure compliance with LPL policies and industry regulations.
- Analyze business processes and work flows to identify opportunities for efficiency recommendations and process improvements.
- Utilize metrics and reporting tools to quantify productivity elements including average handle times, resource utilization, and cost savings through financial stewardship.
- Maintain a client-service mindset with internal business partners and LPL financial advisors.
- Support ad-hoc projects and initiatives related to CCG as needed.
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020
- Proficiency in MS Excel with working knowledge of formulas, pivot tables, formatting, charting, and reporting.
- 2 years industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to collaborate and present information in differing degrees of details depending on the audience.
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail, excellent research skills, capacity to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines; be agile and flexible to quickly respond to changes with business needs.
- Knowledge of financial services industry, financial products, and regulators such as FINRA and the SEC
Internship Standard Length
Monday through Friday 8-4:30
Average Hours Per Week
Skills & Qualifications
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020.
- We prefer students in the finance programs, but will also consider other academic programs.
- 3.0 Minimum Overall GPA Required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.