Communication ConsultantApply Job ID: R-006685 Date posted: 05/15/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Communication Consultant (Operational): 5A
LPL Financial is looking for a strong writer with a solid technical skill set to help us manage operational content across multiple channels (internal and external). The Communication Consultant is responsible for writing and editing content and communications that support the goal of delivering accurate, timely, and consistent information to our customers. This position requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to collaborate with a variety of internal subject matter experts at all levels. This role will report to the Manager of Service, Trading, and Operations’ Information Management department.
- Write and edit high quality and engaging operational content ensuring consistency with website standards and style guides
- Manage and curate content across multiple platforms
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and break down information to enable readers to quickly and accurately answer their inquiry
- Participate in the peer review quality control process, focused on content structure, grammar, and accuracy of information
- Independently manage assignments and SLAs from daily pipeline, working with limited supervision
- Actively participate, and at times lead, team, project and/or business process meetings
- Collaborate with various departments and build strong relationships to support and influence the importance of knowledge management
- Work hands-on with Corporate Communication to proactively plan how content can be organized and search optimized to support effective communication
- Partner with Technology and assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), test script creation, and troubleshooting defects within content management systems
- Serve as a content management Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assist in training teammates
- Conduct ongoing audits of content. Update, maintain, and retire content as needed
- Proactively identify content gaps and opportunities to improve our customers’ self-service options
- Provide general analytics on content to determine usage and effectiveness to gain insights to future content strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Management Information Systems, English or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in content management, web development or related field
- Experience with enterprise content management systems, Adobe AEM (CQ5) preferred
- Understanding of search and tagging fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Project management skills with experience leading and/or supporting projects involving multiple business units
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate, facilitate, and resolve issues. Experience interacting with both business and technical teams
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to train teammates
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and to be self-motivated and organized to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with fast paced, changing environment and ambiguity
- Requires flexibility under pressure, the ability to balance multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.