Communications & Training ManagerApply Job ID: R-002377 Date posted: 03/01/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
National Supervision Business Management, Manager
LPL Financial is seeking a National Supervision Business Management, Manager at their Fort Mill corporate office. The Manager of Communications & Training within National Supervision Business Management will be tasked with the production of regular departmental communications as well as the creation and execution of a long term strategy for the communications and training within the organization.
This role would primarily be responsible for communicating internally within BRM (via written content as well as developing cohesive content for monthly and quarterly meetings) as well as providing strategic support for external advisor facing communications.
- Produces regular communication of BRM departmental initiatives to key stakeholders:
- Centralization efforts
- Offshore strategy
- Budget protocols
- Organizational announcements
- Monthly newsletter
- Senior management reporting as needed
- Assists with training efforts for the BRM department such as annual offsites and other supervisory related training as needed
- Helps to determine BRM strategy and assists with the communication and implementation of process change associated with that strategy
- Publication of regular communications (monthly newsletter)
- Meeting and event planning
- Rollout of departmental training
- Website development
- Senior Management reporting
- Perform other duties and complete ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent, required
- 8 + years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a Risk, Audit or Compliance role
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to senior management
- Well organized, able to set clear priorities and bring open issues to closure
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- All Microsoft applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.