Community Relations ConsultantApply Job ID: R-005021 Date posted: 11/02/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Community Relations Consultant is a full-time position providing administrative and operational support for LPL Financial’s community initiatives, including signature program, matching gifts, meeting support, communications, and other activities as needed. The Community Coordinator reports directly to the AVP, Community Relations.
- Provide client-facing support of LPL Foundation signature community program (e.g. email communications, phone calls, etc.)
- Track, analyze, and interpret volunteer metrics, employee giving results, and program results from charitable partners.
- Manage community relations and employee volunteer programs.
- Manage employee and advisor matching gifts program.
- Execute communication with scholarship recipients and charity partner organizations, including eligibility verifications, applications, and periodic reports.
- Provide project management and event management - including meeting scheduling, preparation of materials, room set-up, and note-taking for collaborative groups.
- Provide writing support and manage communications pieces (e.g., email updates, informational flyers, intranet content)
- Administrative management of day-to-day Foundation vendor management including invoicing, Foundation Treasurer business, and volunteer t-shirts.
- Build and manage event budgets and track expenses for all projects
- Other operational duties as requested.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Strong customer focus, excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work with all levels of clients, management, and employees.
- Must enjoy detail-oriented work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set up processes, systems, and workflow to ensure adherence to procedures and follow-up.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with diverse people and organizations.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and provide solutions
- Results driven individual with ability to act tactically while thinking holistically
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency; highly organized self-starter
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of CyberGrants software is a plus.
- Community relations experience preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Travel to company events required.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.