Compliance Analyst, Enterprise Supervisory OversightApply Job ID: R-002098 Date posted: 01/26/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an Enterprise Supervisory Oversight (ESO) Analyst within the Supervision department, which is a part of LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization.
ESO is focused on identifying risk through the oversight of Field OSJ Branch Managers and internal Quality Management reviews of staff within BRM. The ESO team responsibilities include ensuring our OSJ Branch Managers, Branch Manager Delegates and are maintaining an appropriate level of supervision via the oversight of tasks within the OSJ Review Tool. The primary role of Quality Management is to conduct independent, centrally managed quality assessments of BRM processes to drive accountability, accuracy and provide awareness to findings and potential procedural gaps.
Oversight of Field OSJ Branch Managers and Branch Manager Delegates focuses on the quality and timeliness of supervisor reviews of certain tasks within the ORT such as, but not limited to, trade blotter, monthly tasks and email. The Quality Management review of BRM functions, including but not limited to, annuities, alternative investments and transactions within the trade blotter ensures the accuracy, thoroughness and compliance with internal review criteria.
- Ensuring timely completion of certain OSJ Functions, including but not limited to, the OSJ Review Tool, Trade Blotter and Electronic Branch Trade Report.
- Assessing the quality of supervisory notes entered for certain transactions in the trade blotter.
- Maintain monthly backlog database while identifying and sanctioning OSJ branch offices that are in violation of policy.
- Participate in departmental meetings to provide quality assessments of OSJ supervision.
- Maintain Electronic Branch Trade Report process in a dedicated SharePoint site while working with OSJ branch offices to identify resolutions to flagged transactions
- Engage and partner with our OSJ Branch Offices to provide ongoing educational support and guidance on supervisory related matters.
- Maintain and update QM and Oversight desktop procedures as needed.
- Work with management team to define sampling methods for QM reviews.
- Create, update and maintain the QM review templates.
- Perform in depth QM reviews of the samples chosen to ensure the accuracy of reviews conducted by the CPS Principals and that the reviews are thorough and properly follow the internal review criteria.
- Escalate any undocumented exceptions or concerns that need immediate attention to management teams.
- Maintain and analyze metric driven Oversight/QM data, creating executive level reporting outlining departmental trends and patterns
Other Job Duties:
- Coordinate with product carriers and/or other units of GRC to complete reviews.
- Maintain awareness of industry news, and changes in the business or regulatory landscape.
- Effectively communicating and working closely with LPL Business partners.
- Flexibility to work on ad hoc reporting and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required
- In-depth knowledge of SEC, FINRA and other SRO rules
- Experience in performing complex investigations
- Securities license Series 7 and 24 preferred
- Must be a skilled presenter; comfortable conveying information and findings to senior leadership
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex investments, including but not limited to annuities, alternative investments, structured and exchange traded products
- Strong interpersonal skills for direct interaction with OSJ Branch Managers and Delegates
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Highly analytical with excellent research skills
- Strong writing skills, presentation skills and ability to interface with senior management
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, most notably in Excel, Access and SharePoint
- The ability to think holistically about processes that impact clients, and to continuously refine those processes, making it easier for clients to accomplish their daily business
- A passion for improving processes so they can be followed easily and lead to excellent results
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.