Compliance Analyst, Surveillance
Please do not contact the hiring manager directly. All internal applications and referrals must be properly submitted through the system and the assigned Recruiter will manage all inquiries related to the position.
Are you a team player with a growth mindset? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL’s Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) organization is currently looking for a Compliance Analyst within the Surveillance Department. If you are an individual who has a drive to deliver exceptional results, has a curious and inquisitive mindset, and is interested in protecting financial advisors and their clients, this may be the role for you!
The Compliance Analyst, Surveillance will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for performing sales practice trend and pattern research and trade-related surveillance in accordance with federal, state, and industry regulations as part of LPL’s Surveillance Program.
What will you do?
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
- Perform comprehensive trend and pattern analysis specific to various products and activities including but not limited to: variable annuities, alternative investments, offshore products, IRA rollovers.
- Collaborate with other departments to gain a full understanding of financial advisors’ business models, sales activity, outside business activity, and past disciplinary action
- Recommend an appropriate level of oversight or corrective action to management and the firm’s respective risk management committees
- Create and lead presentations to team and senior leaders
- Proactively identify potential issues and lead staff initiatives to improve and streamline surveillance procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including occasional special projects, account-related research, creation of management reporting, etc.
- Maintain awareness of industry news, and changes in the business or regulatory landscape, firm policies, and departmental processes
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
With the support of team members and management, we would expect to see the following in the first 90 days:
- An engaged professional who is asking the right questions, and collaborating with colleagues
- A display of critical thinking; understanding the complexity of the assigned tasks while being able to “stop and consider the big picture”
- An ability to navigate LPL systems and access information
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines in an ever-changing environment
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience (including knowledge of SEC, FINRA and other SRO rules and an understanding of the related legal and regulatory environment)
- Securities licenses (Series 7, Series 24) are strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills with experience in performing complex research, reviews and investigations; ability to communicate findings and results with solid written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Access)
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
- Financial Advisor - Sharonview Federal Credit Union Locations: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Financial Advisor - SouthState Bank Locations: Coral Gables, Florida
- Financial Advisor - Central Trust Bank Locations: Overland Park, Kansas
You have no saved jobs. Start browsing jobs here