Corporate Communication InternApply Job ID: R-008730 Date posted: 02/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Summer Intern, Corporate Communications
As a summer intern, you will be integrated into our Corporate Communication team, giving you an opportunity to contribute to projects in several key areas, including Employee Communications, Public Relations, CEO Communications, Client-facing Communications, and Corporate Sustainability Reporting. Our team will work with you to identify projects that align with your career goals and professional development journey.
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10- week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
- Support team projects and events to gain an understanding of our business and to further develop your corporate communication and public relations experience.
- Contribute to a variety of projects and activities while learning from a diverse group of communication leaders.
- Offer original ideas and content for messages for our intranet, corporate events, client communications, and public relations.
- Practice strategic storytelling for a diverse audience base.
- Lead a project aimed at locating and organizing templates and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and working with the team to update and centralize them.
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and adjust to changing deadlines
- Flexible and able to work independently
- Organized and detail oriented
- Curious and willing to learn new skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative and comfortable working with a variety of people
- Creative thinker with a positive attitude; proactive and self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with SharePoint a plus
Fort Mill, SC
Internship Standard Length
Monday through Friday 8-4:30
Average Hours Per Week
Skills & Qualifications
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020.
- We prefer students in the communications, journalism, or public relations programs, but will also consider other academic programs.
- 3.0 Minimum Overall GPA Required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.