Data Analyst, Business ManagementApply Job ID: R-010790 Date posted: 09/22/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is currently seeking an experienced Data Analyst with excellent communication skills. The candidate must have experience at reviewing massive amounts of data, finding patterns, insights, and anomalies and communicating those findings in concise, clear and easy to understand formats that the STO Leadership team can use to form action plans. You will assist in the development of recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing reports where needed to drive business insights and strategy development. In this position, you will be strategic with the team to create solutions with a focus on automation, scalability and action-oriented intelligence. Our ideal candidate has the strong communications skills required to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data Call Center metrics and operational data including
- Possess the ability to work with business owners to gather detailed requirements to build tools which enable lines of business to run more efficiently using data to tell the story and measure impacts.
- Create new and improve existing analytics approaches to solve questions in a creative way
- Deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions and presents them to management team
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identify opportunity and risk based on data set.
- Work with all levels of management with the appropriate level of detail to solve problems
- Leverage data visualization to assist in telling the story for various areas of the business.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions.
- Support peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through analysis of results.
- Improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as an experienced Business Analyst.
- Create and manage reports & dashboards in reporting systems including Tableau and other BI tools using complex query logic to merge multiple sets of segregated data
- Identify and champion innovative technologies for improved analytics and reporting.
- Work with the Technology team to develop a data infrastructure that enables the team to answer business questions
- Proactively seek out problems within the business using robust data and propose solutions based in logic, using data as a foundation.
- Desire to work in a role which combines equal parts getting down into the weeds of data, and acting as a project and relationship manager with our business partners.
- Desire to help manage a team of highly intelligent analysts to execute on the team’s strategy and vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with tools such as SQL Server, Tableau, Python
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, including pivot tables and complex logic-based T-SQL and ANSI-SQL formulas as well as Python scripts for automation.
- Ability to create effective PowerPoint decks to share findings with senior leaders.
- Experience in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Driven individual, always seeking to improve and grow a plus.
- Handle pressure well; you will be working with the senior team on advancing initiatives based on data and analysis you provide.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with using Tableau to aggregate and analyze data collected from various sources
- Experience with the Microsoft program suite
- Experience using T-SQL and ANSI-SQL Snytax
- Experience using Python for automation and data analyses
- Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to communicate information to senior executives for decision making purposes
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent data gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business Analysis: 3 years
- Tableau: 3 years
- Data Analysis: 3 years
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred major in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, MIS
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.