Data Analytics and Reporting AnalystApply Job ID: R-006206 Date posted: 03/21/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Analyst – Infrastructure and Operations – Data Analytics and Reporting
We are currently looking to hire a Data Analytics and Reporting Analyst which will support the development and execution of the analytics and reporting roadmap required to support the Technology Infrastructure and Operations functions. This role will collaborate closely with Technology leadership and partners in order to leverage data to drive organizational performance and efficiency, continuous improvement, and increased advisor satisfaction.
Management of day-to-day reporting activities, governance and evolution of key strategic partner engagements.
- Utilize key operational and transactional data to derive actionable insights that will improve operational performance and advisor experience. Make improvement recommendations (supported by data and metrics) to Executive Leadership Team
- Follows defined governance processes for data analytics and reporting
- Proactively identifies and creates opportunities to embed insights and influence decision making across functional areas, and proactively identifies and creates opportunities for efficient sharing and strategic adoption of best practices
- Utilizes functional mastery and business knowledge to consistently challenge and improve operational ideas, processes and recommendations
- Evaluate and communicate to senior management trends and emerging issues affecting current Technology Operations strategies and indicate improvement opportunities
- Supports initiatives for simplification of work processes or value maximizing value of Technology resources
- Collaborates directly with other Technology I&O team members to ensure close integration of activities across the organization
- Supports appropriate governance and processes to monitor and accelerate execution of these initiatives
Other Job Duties:
- Ensures continuous collaboration with Technology I&O Management and other Technology areas.
- Prepares operational status reports and metrics to Technology I&O Management
- Associates’ degree or equivalent work experience
- ServiceNow reporting and dashboard experience is a plus.
- You are data obsessed, great at translating numbers into Technology operational insights and uncovering both the what and the why.
- Power BI Experience is a plus
- You’ve spent 3-5 years doing analytical work in a financial services setting, preferably in support of Technology operational efficiency and client satisfaction continuous improvement efforts.
- You have experience in statistics, applied math or econometrics.
- You are proficient in advanced Excel, SQL and statistical tools
- You are used to rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- You are self-sufficient in getting the data that you need. If you don't already know how to get what you need, you will figure it out.
- You know how to design and manage complex dashboards
- Supports the governance process for Technology and works with I&O Lead to develop and implement additional processes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Drive and Results Orientation
- Data analytics/reporting/build dashboards
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Decisiveness and Discernment
- Client-centric values:
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
- The ability to listen, empathize and respond in a timely manner
- A client-centric attitude that considers the client’s point of view for all actions
- Personal pride in delivering exceptional experiences to clients and coworkers
- An understanding of the importance of consistency and reliability in building loyal client relationships, and a passion for providing both
- A passion for improving processes so they can be followed easily and lead to excellent results
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.